Overtime Labor Laws and FLSA Legal Rights
KNOW THIS ABOUT YOUR OVERTIME PAY RIGHTS
- Up to 70 % of employers ARE NOT in compliance with wage and hour laws
- Day Rate pay with no overtime premium
- Straight Time paid for overtime
- Misclassification as an independent contractor (1099 “employee”)
- You can’t sign away your right to overtime:
- An “agreement” can’t change the law.
- Your overtime rights can’t be given up by signing a contract or by agreeing to be paid a day rate or straight time only.
- Wait / Delay: Strict time limits apply to overtime claims. Generally, recovery is limited to the 2-3 year period prior to the date the claim is filed.
- Rely on your boss or HR for critical information about your overtime pay.
- Understand your overtime pay rights
- Be very skeptical of any pay scheme that does not offer to pay you time and a half for all hours worked over 40 per week.
- Contact us immediately if you have any doubts about whether you’re entitled to overtime pay on your current job or past jobs.
Here at Lore Law Firm, we represent individuals such as yourself across the country in overtime wage and hour claims. Our focus, commitment, and mission are to aggressively protect the rights of workers to receive “fair pay” for every hour of the work day. For more than a decade, we have dedicated ourselves to preserving and protecting the rights of individual employees. No matter how high the stakes and regardless of how large the company — we fight to win, until the end. Contact us today by filling out our free and confidential Case Evaluation Form.