KNOW THIS ABOUT YOUR OVERTIME PAY RIGHTS
- Up to 70 % of employers ARE NOT in compliance with labor laws on overtime.
- The most common overtime pay violations are:
- Day Rate pay with no overtime premium
- Straight Time paid for overtime
- Misclassification as an independent contractor (1099 “employee”)
- Wait / Delay: Strict time limits apply to overtime overtime claims. Generally, labor laws on overtime say that mandatory overtime recovery is limited to the 2-3 year period prior to the date the claim is filed.
- Rely on your boss or HR for critical information about your overtime pay and the laws on overtime that may have been violated.
- Understand your overtime pay rights and be familiar with your state’s overtime labor laws.
- Be very skeptical of any pay scheme that does not offer to pay you time and a half for all hours worked over 40 per week. Your state’s overtime labor laws are put in place to protect you.
- Contact us immediately if you want to know more about your state’s labor laws on overtime, or if you have any doubts about whether you’re entitled to overtime pay on your current job or past jobs pay.
Are You Owed More? Find Out Now
Get a FREE, strictly CONFIDENTIAL, NO-OBLIGATION review.
What you don't know about overtime could cost YOU
Recent Articles & Posts
The Trump administration’s new overtime pay proposal is based on the absurd notion that someone being paid $35,308/year in 2020 is a well-paid executive who doesn’t need or deserve overtime protections.The economy has largely recovered since the Great Recession, but far too many working families are still being left behind. In order for economic growth
by In yet another example that dispels the myth that large companies always "get it right" and classify and pay employees correctly, UnitedHealthcare has agreed to pay...
by Terminix has settled a class action lawsuit against it in which trainees claim they were forced to work far in excess of 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week without overtime pay, rest breaks and meal periods that most California employees are entitled to. California labor laws on overtime and breaks are easily
by In a recent decision arising out of an overtime pay case filed on behalf of a class of welding inspectors who earned more than $100,000 in total pay per year, an appeals court addressed the issue of whether or not such earnings were “guaranteed”. If their earnings were not guaranteed, they could not be properly
by Dick’s Sporting Goods Properly Paying Overtime According to recent filings with the federal court in New York, Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc. has agreed to pay up to $15 million to resolve a number of wage-related claims brought by current and former employees who say the company failed to properly pay overtime in weeks in which